I have a cand.philol. (postgraduate degree) in English from the University of Oslo, specializing in translation. I am also a government-authorized translator from Norwegian into English. This gives me a unique combination of theoretical and practical qualifications in translation.
In 2016, I took the one-year programme in Public Sector Interpreting at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences. I am registered in the Norwegian National Register of Interpreters, as a category 3 interpreter.
I also have a background in the social sciences, with a Master of Arts in International Affairs from the University of Warwick, UK. My undergraduate degree is from the University of Oslo, and one of the subjects that formed part of this degree was Political Science.
- Many years working at the administration of the University of Oslo.
- Two years as a translator with the National Criminal Investigation Service, Norway.
- Three years as a translator with Accenture.
- Full-time translator since 1997.
- Member of the Association of Government Authorized Translators in Norway.
- Member of the Norwegian Association of Interpreters.